From:
Scott Koppa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2019 10:53:18 -0400
> I am interested in the extent to which solar radiation penetrates bee cozies to warm the woodenware hive bodies underneath.  Can anyone point me to data on this topic?

Wouldn't this be antithetical to their purpose? "Cozies" are insulating to keep the warmth generated by the colony in the hive, when external temperatures are low. Tar paper wraps are all about solar gain and increasing hive temps in early spring to get a jump on numbers leading into the flow. This would also support the temperature readings you report.

Skillman, NJ