From:
Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2018 13:31:21 +0000
Especially good for US people, but a warning for the rest of the world...."Chew On This" by Eric Schlosser & C. Wilson, 2006,  Cover of book reads "everything you don't want to know about fast food! " It begins with McD's. In 1968  there were 1000 McDs, all in the US, in 2006 there were more than 31,000 selling Happy Meals in 120 countries!The authors explain  how so much of the food we eat is prepared, not just for fast food places, but for most places we eat out and for supermarkets and for school lunches. I confess I've fallen for it, just like everyone else, a box of brownie mix is a staple in my house :-( But I do try to make most of our meals from scratch, you know what I mean - peel the carrots and potatoes and so on.  Anyway try and find this book and read on.  Pat in SNJ