From:
"Shamblin, Tricia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2018 00:25:22 +0000
Trump's tweet the next day was nonsensical and supports his viewpoint that he wants to help increase American business revenues and really doesn't care about the health of children in other countries, or he doesn't really care to understand the issues. Remember we had a thread last year about the new government here in the U.S., where this government stated that they felt that one opportunity that they saw for additional revenues to improve the economy was through increasing formula sales. This was discussed last year that he was targeting this as a goal to increase jobs and revenue. We knew about this last year, but I was shocked to see the lengths they would go. Using threats of removing military support and placing sanctions on these countries.

He tweeted, "The US strongly supports breast feeding but we don't believe women should be denied access to formula. Many women need this option because of malnutrition and poverty."

So they are trying to spin this as BFHI is denying access to formula. So clearly in his tweet he is supportive of limiting and reducing the scope of BFHI and other resolutions to try to limit unethical formula manufacturing tactics. And he possesses the mistaken idea that increased marketing of formula will reduce malnutrition. The smoking gun is his admission via Twitter.

Tricia Shamblin

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.