From:
"Frank J. Nice" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2018 16:21:32 +0000
Since this is not a forum for presentation of one's medical records, I will just say the following, and then I am done with the subject of using psychedelics during breastfeeding  or not during breastfeeding.

For my cluster headaches, I do these two things:

First, try no-medical treatment: lay down on the side of my cluster headache and try to fall asleep.  This often works within the hour.

Second, if that does not work, fortunately, 800 mg of ibuprofen almost always works for me.

If not, I may just lay down again or try to work through it.

I am also on a medication that is also good for my blood pressure and may help prevent the cluster headaches.

When I am told that someone has tried everything before using a psychedelic drug (or marijuana), I assume they mean everything, and everything was worse OR not equal to the psychedelic drug.

As for me, personally and professionally, I weigh the long term risks along with the short term risks of any treatment, and I would choose to suffer with the cluster headaches than ever take a psychedelic drug, breastfeeding or not.

But, hey, I am only a knowledgeable and experienced and arguably intelligent pharmacist, and why should any psychedelic and/or marijuana users ever need to listen to me when they are feeling SO good about life and the unnecessary hardships that we have to face?

As I said, this is my last word (I believe you all know where I stand on this) on this topic.

Frank J. Nice, RPh, DPA, CPHP