From:
Janet Business <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 2020 18:21:31 -0700
Sarah McCann brings up an interesting point that I haven’t really understood that interweaves with my own breastfeeding story. I grew up in a pro breastfeeding family. My mother always talked about her breastfeeding against the doctors’ plans, as well as had natural births all in mid 50s to mid 60s. She also told us that all her milk dried up instantly with my oldest sister when she had to tell my father that his beloved uncle had passed. She was so upset her milk was instantly gone. Now I understand how that could happen. I had already figured her supply was low as she fed by the clock,  but that sense of fighting the world might have been a final straw.
I was very grateful for the positive attitude even as she was constantly questioning how often I fed my own. She also admitted that only one of my brothers breastfed until his first tooth. All the rest of us were already weaned by that point.

Janet Dombro, IBCLC