From:
Cindy Garrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2019 09:56:23 -0400
Hadassah,

Would the mother be willing to try finger feeding?  Since baby is willing to suck fingers, perhaps he would accept the finger with milk flow.  The finger could help correct his suck in general and guide him to a suck that would allow the milk to flow freely through the tubing. The container holding the milk could be raised and lowered as needed to inspire interest to initiate and then maintain sucking over clamping/biting.

As his suck improved, the tubing could be moved to the breast part-way through the feeding. There he might accept the breast and tubing since his initial hunger would have been sated a bit.

This is speculation on my part, since I have not personally had this experience as an IBCLC.  I offer it as one possible way to help baby improve his suck action and to be able to transfer to the breast alone over time.

Please let us know how this goes,

Cindy Garrison BS IBCLC