Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2018 02:10:21 +0000

.  For
the benefit of the List, could you please answer Medhat's questions, plus
the one that I added?  Just saying that you applied it and that your bees
died tells us absolutely nothing.

When you say you dribbled OA,.
> -what was the concentration?
> - how much did you apply per hive?

My apologies  I missed the question
a "medium" from your chart,  which if I recall is 3.2%?    5 cc per seam applied only once.   starting strength of hives was a 14 average.    When we went back the next week,  we had lost 3 completly ( assume absonded) and both dead brood around and noticible difference in hive strength.  Made the choice not to repeat at that point.  hoped it was a temp issue.   Mites were not a problem at this point.  rolling a 3 or so average,  the goal was a clean up going into winter.
Again,  no Science to it,  no controls,  no measurement,  and there may be other varibles in play such as temp or forage (not noted)  but it was enough of a drop to say,  nope.. not going to do that one again,  break out the vaporizer.
for the record  this year was tough here,  our last flight day was in the last week of oct,  and little to no flight until mid Jan, so pretty close to two full months for no other foraging,  Even on hives moved to MS for warmer temps.   Jan 18 was the first forage day for outside the hives,  as its my Bday,  and it finaly got warm enough to break clusters and put on pollen patties.
Charles