From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 13:57:54 -0400
> another story down in Bryant Park

That was a full two weeks later, and far more expensive.

Exaggerated claims like "150 beekeepers" are left to the reader to evaluate
for accuracy and veracity, as is the advisability of buying one of
"hundreds" of packages driven via pickup truck Georgia to NY.  As the City
beekeepers have been burned too often by bad weather impacting queens
produced in the Southeast, we get our bees and queens from California.   As
the article implied, most of the packages sold in Bryant Park were sold to
beekeepers from Long Island, upstate NY, or CT.  Not our concern.

But the rest of us find all that frantic self-promotion an excellent
distraction from our own operations, quietly conducted this year at a
Meadery / Bar in Brooklyn without any press, crowd, or raised eyebrows.