From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 13:26:16 +1000
?Mike Rossander said

> It was an awful lot of them.  And they never did find the new
> My result was far more than "some" disoriented bees flying around the old
> location for the hive.  Even when I put a small box on the ground where
> the hive used to be, then hand-carried the lost bees to the new location,
> they flew right back out and went to the old location.  Eventually, they
> died in place.  The colony survived but they lost essentially all of the
> existing forager force.

How far you wish to move them is only part of the equation.  In each
incremental movement it is possible to move them further forward and back
than left or right.  It is also dependant on where the orientation points
are other than the hive itself.  Think in the middle of a sport field as
opposed to a typical backyard.

Geoff Manning