From:
Glenn woemmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 11:04:50 -0400
Bill
If doolittle explains a management practice and says using it gave me 105 lbs of honey per hive in a year that every one knows was one of the worst for honey prodution.  Is that antidoltol or is that scientific?

If Snelgrove based his use of the double board on a fact that bees swarm due to having too many nurse bees making food and too few brood to feed.  It was an antidoltal observation that later is scientifically proved wrong but yet the method he came up with based on it works very well.

Even trying to look for answers, mites feeding on fat or blood is still being discussed.

That oav works to kill mites is observed even though how is still not know.

All a person can do is his best.

I could be going off a cliff.  Only time will tell.  However, if watching and trying, I should be able to see what was and what changes by my actions when I run into making any adjustment I have to make to be successful.

I go back to the asperin that it took sixty years to figure out scientifically how it worked but the antidoltol evidence was that it did reduce fever and stop pain.

I do not discount that it can be raining some where and sunny here.

If I watch my bees and they decide to start dieing on me, I will have options that can be implimented.

So if I watch my bees and what you guys have did to your bees that was successful and I see a bunch of crawlers or deformed wings or autopsy a dead out that the cell are loaded with mite frass, I will have as many options as the rest and will also have an added base line of seeing stuff the stuff before needing any change.  It will be antidoltal but I will be able to compare what was to what is after, based on what I do.

Right now the bees are building up and my biggest problim is learning my flows and the speed that they build up so I can control swarming.  I can read all day long but there is nothing like seeing antidoltal eveidence to put with what I read.  The reading gives an ideal of what to look for but the antidoltal is what you actually see.

I do not discount your experiances and also know it might be sunny here due to location and also that it might rain tomorrow.

I will tell you something about me.  If I lose all my hives this year, I won't hide it and I won't care if you say "I told you so".  I will get something out of you telling me so.  You can tell me all of my mistakes and I will figure I earned it and try and learn from it.

Right now though, swarming is what I am consintrating on cause locally my hives come though winter healthy enough to want to swarm and I am comb starved enough that just adding supers with open cells for the queen to lay in is not an option.

I am not really trying to wear out my welcome here but only know one way to find things out that I might need and that is to ask the questions or put out what I think so that any responce I might get may furture my knowlage level from now.  I have my skin in the game and will take the lumps for any mistakes I make and reap the binifits for what I do right.

I did not get interested in bees till I retired from my day job and have zero background.   I read every scientific study I find, spend lots of time reading randy olivers articals and then do what I do and see how it works.  As long as it works, great, and when it doesn't, I have lots of options.
I don't discount antidoltal eveidence from those that I believe.  I don't believe every thing I hear but don't automaticlly discount but more look harder if it interest me.
Cheers
gww