Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Julie Tardos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2020 10:12:15 -0700
There is a breastfeeding support organization called Nursing Mothers
Counsel (not Council, as is sometimes reported).  Slightly older than La
Leche League, they teach prenatal breastfeeding classes, rent pumps, and
offer support by phone/text.  When they first started out, they would bring
in a nursing mother to their classes, and she would show latching and talk
about how it felt.

Once when I was teaching, a mother with her baby came, thinking it was a
post-natal support group.  Baby was maybe 2-3 months old, and they'd
already gotten past any difficulties.  I asked her if she would be willing
to demonstrate in class, and she was.  While I spoke with the dads about
how to support breastfeeding and gave general dad advice, she showed the
moms latching and I don't know what else, actually, because I was with the
dads.  Nursing Mothers Counsel doesn't really have a way to track numbers,
but I'd bet that that class had a higher success rate than usual.

I always recommended to my students to attend any breastfeeding support
group before having their baby and gave them a list of groups.
Unfortunately, many of the groups are on weekdays, so some people can't get
to them before their baby is born, and can only get to them for a month
afterwards.  @$%^* USA

Julie Tardos