From:
Anne Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 20:52:07 -0400
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]> writes, about Randy Oliver's
writing style:

> I would suggest not many read your work for fun,

Well, "fun" is perhaps a big word...  but I do find learning very
enjoyable and satisfying.  So, a kind of fun, anyway.

> you , and the other writers in ABJ is EXTREMLY dry reading.

There I must object.  The material is not easy, but it *is*
interesting, and in my opinion the author presents his experiments
in a very readable manner.  Try reading a few scientific journals
and I'm quite sure you'll become very grateful for the care taken
by some of ABJ's regular columnists.  :-)

I look forward to each issue of ABJ, in particular, the articles
by Randy Oliver, Keith Delaplane, Wyatt Mangum, and Peter Borst.
These people know how to present useful information in a clear and
logical way, and are sometimes entertaining as well.  I'm in awe
of their depth of knowledge, and thankful that they take the time
to share it.

It's very interesting to (mostly) lurk on this list.  Thanks to all
who make it so, by the patience you demonstrate with those of us who
know less, by the respect you show to fellow list members even when
you disagree with them, and by the care you take to present your
points clearly.

Back to lurking...

Anne, backyard beekeeper, Montreal.