Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 17:15:02 -0400
> For someone with the perspective of your age Bill, I'm surprised to hear
> Have you viewed the NASA animation of temperature
> anomalies since 1880 at
>
> Temperatures have been rising since the little ice age around 1850 when it
was cold. Which is why you see the late 1800's as the start point to prove
global warming. My point is that we are not seeing anything new. Should we
conserve? I certainly do.Do I believe that we have warming. Certainly.

The other problem with records is that our actual semi reliable temperature
record only goes back the the first weather satellites, so only around 1980.

Google  the Holocene temperature record and enjoy. You will see where we
were and where we are now. Lots of camps out there but most show we are
cooler now.

Yes,I have been around a while so was in Newport Rhode Island for the 1938
hurricane. If that hit now you would be looking at trillion dollar damages.
I was also in Hurricane King which hit Miami as a cat 4-5 and went up the
Florida spine. If was much deadlier than Irma.

Check Google Earth and 401 South St,, Key West Fla which was out house from
the 1950s through the 1980s. Right across the street from the Southern most
point in the US. I went through several hurricanes there and we are only
feet above sea level. Our Key West "mountain" is 18 feet above sea level.

So there is little new under the sun except now there is a lot of bad
science out there and the huge megaphone of the internet.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine