From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2017 16:58:01 -0700
Thanks for the summary Christina!

What caught my interest about the goldenrod study is that I've long been
asking myself why my colonies in yards or areas that I've kept bees for the
past 35 years no longer build up as large, produce as large swarms, or put
on as large honey crops.

The landscape and flora haven't changed noticeably.  I control varroa.  So
am I imagining it, or are the bees simply not as robust and productive?
The reduction of protein and zinc in pollen is a biologically-plausible
hypothesis to explain my observation.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA