From:
Stephanie Badillo7 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 13:32:10 -0700
Hi Carolyn. I respectfully disagree and guard againstsuch bold claims
without clinical evidence. I am an IBCLC, but currently practice as a
Nurse's Aid at 2 different hospitals, so my patients are adults and I
always look for tongue ties. It is far more common than not. I often ask if
they even know what it is, many do not. Some respond that their children
have it as well. I believe we know more about breastfeeding than ever
before, which is why it has become a concern in our field. Anatomical
barriers to breastfeeding are often the most challenging, as we all know.
Best of luck to all.

Stephanie Badillo IBCLC