HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Richard Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2017 06:34:20 +0800
For my sins I was some time ago drawn into the archaeological and
anthropological questions surrounding Amelia Earhart's disappearance.

In my opinion it is a nonsensical to suggest that newly published
photo of Jaluit atoll shows Amelia Earhart.

I have just posted the following on aviationmystery.com.

Richard Wright

It has been assumed that the photo of 'Amelia' on Jaluit wharf shows a
person looking to the right. Hence the supposed pale face, and
therefore Caucasian ancestry, attributed to the person.

I offer an alternative explanation of that part of the photo.

Though highly pixellated, there is a consistency in the shade of the
pixels in the area of the head that suggests an alternative
explanation for the posture of the person. This explanation has
implications for the Caucasian attribution.

I have increased the contrast of the original scan, and increased the
brightness. Then I have annotated the result, to offer an alternative
explanation.

If accepted, this explanation shows the person has hair and skin
colour that is consistent with an islander ancestry.

https://app.box.com/shared/static/cmn5e5ehatg2jsrcxn8f1jfpf4grx8gs.jpg
[1]