From:
Brian Tamboline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2017 23:05:47 -0400
https://berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2006/08/28_honeybees.shtml
Not as scholarly as this list seems to prefer, but interesting nonetheless. And old, but still interesting.
https://ag.umass.edu/sites/ag.umass.edu/files/pdf-doc-ppt/2-1-17_a_review_on_bees.pdf
A primer on what commercial crops the natives are pollinating. Again, not Plos1 or Coloss, but interesting.
Maybe its time to acknowledge the great good that comes from the natives well as the imports; there should be room for all, no?
With 18,000,000 square Km between us, USA and Canada, there is definitely room.
Yes, lots of marginal land, but still a huge fertile area with a lot of niches.
I think we all value the native and non-native pollinators; hope I'm not wrong. Interesting that there seems to be a synergy(to our human benefit) from having both.
Would write more but dealing with marauding bears.
Best regards,
Brian
53N, 115W, El.850M