From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2017 07:10:18 -0400
some randy oliver snips followed by > my comment...

Again, if it weren't for the anti-GMO lobby, it wouldn't make any
difference.

>so you think ALL potential problems would disappear if there was no GMO lobby?  that is about the most naive statement I have heard in years.  would any problems of say roundup and drifting spray disappear if there was no GMO lobby? as far as I can discern as long as there are people there will be these sorts of disagreements and the more people you have the more disagreements in how things are done will also grow.

A very imaginative anology, but as far as I can tell, irrelevant.
Recombination, viral gene intogression, hybridization, transpositions, and
simple mutations can all result in similar genetic changes.

>IMHO not irrelevant at all.  one process may take decades if not centuries and the habitat and people have time to adapt to any change and the other is done relatively quickly in a lab and may have consequence (like narrowing of genetic diversity) that no one can even image the ultimate consequence. adaptation at all levels is always connect to the element (variable) of time.

Gene in central Texas