From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2017 20:10:44 -0400
a Mr Morris smip...
Has anyone hauled bees
in a box truck with open back door as the only ventilation?  Folly?

my comment...
not my job directly but yes BWeaver use to haul bees in this fashion all the way up to the northeastern US (from here in Central Texas and up to NJ and New York State).  We would place a block between the two back swinging doors and tie the two doors together.  If the weather was hot we would go get a large quantity of ice and place this with the load for cooling.  From my memory the only large problem with this was if the shipment got stalled in a traffic jam for a long period of time during the daytime the load could quickly overheat.  Moving air was the key to keeping the load from perishing.