Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2019 13:44:43 -0400
7bit
From:
"Catherine Watson Genna BS, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Rene Fisher and I worked with a mom whose areaolar abscess incision was
continually leaking and preventing the hospital staff from allowing her
to feed her pumped milk on that side. We used a semipermeable
transparent film dressing over the wound, and it protected the wound,
the milk, and allowed it to heal. Perhaps the same will work for your
client. Tegaderm is the brand we used, just so you can find the sort of
product I'm talking about.

Catherine Watson Genna BS, IBCLC  NYC  www.cwgenna.com

On 8/9/2019 12:17 AM, Nell Blakely wrote:
> I have a question I can't answer for a fairly new mom who had a cardiac
> monitor implanted in a lactating breast (due to episodes where she has
> passed out that are thought to be due to a heart arrhythmia.) Small incision
> is now leaking milk. Anyone have any ideas on how long it might take the
> incision to heal with the milk leaking from it? Mother is pretty upset about
> the whole thing. Cardiac surgeon apparently had no idea that this was a
> likely outcome, and wants her to wean. I discussed possible gradual weaning
> on that side, but really would like the know if anyone has a possible
> timeframe to healing on this, if no measures are taken. I know that the
> incision leaking milk is a common outcome when abscesses are incised and
> drained. Has anyone worked with a mom in a similar situation? Thanks in
> advance!
>

> Nell Blakely, BSN, IBCLC, LLLL

---
https://www.avg.com