From:
"Ann M. Calandro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 1995 19:44:37 EDT
While nursing my first and third child, I frequently experienced slight waves of
nausea while my milk was letting down.  It only lasted about 30-45 seconds and
would end.  With the third I aloso was experiencing overactive meilk ejection
reflex, and I would havae a wave of nausea  and then the milk would let down,
frequently when he wasn't even close to ready to nurse.  I mentioned this at a
LLL meeting hoping that someone would have an idea about it, and I was met with
a bit of suspicion- did you plan this  child?  are you enjoying him? and all of
a sudden I realized that these folks were being suspicious that this was a
psychological reaction  so I stopped talking about it and just accepted it as
the way things went during this nursing.  He nursed til he was 3...Did not
experience it with the fourth child, who by the way, was much more of a
surprise!  Anyone have any ideas?
Ann Calandro, RNC, IBCLC