Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 2015 08:32:37 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Well, I am sure you have googled things already, but I did find this site under Images, when I searched “normal hormone levels during breastfeeding.” There are quite a number of graphs that are very informative. One in particular, I hope you can find from this link, is a simple color graph showing levels of progesterone, estrogen (I think), prolactin, and oxytocin. It was interesting to me that most of these hormones clearing rose and fell, with “birth” the defining moment, but the oxytocin spiked many times after the birth. This correlated with breastfeeding, of course.
What I am wondering, with the case you presented, is that “what can be done anyway?” with her hormone levels. It would be nice to know what they should be, but can you affect them? The oxytocin, though, maybe can be manipulated with (whatever happened to?) oxytocin nasal spray.  I’ve never used it, but it used to be used and discussed long ago. I would certainly think about a lactation aid tubing at the breast and possibly a dose of the oxytocin synthetic with each suckling episode? 
I am also very interested in some of the foods/herbs being talked about like shatavari and moringa/mulangay (not sure of spelling), which seem to be coming up as interesting galactagogues. 
Here is the link:

https://www.google.com/search?q=normal+hormone+levels+during+lactation&biw=1440&bih=775&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKnNrNtsfJAhVITCYKHWrkClkQsAQIPQ&dpr=1

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
New Orleans LA and Mississippi Gulf Coast, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2