Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:52:45 -0400
Subject:
From:
"Petersson, Elsa J" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: "Mary Jozwiak BS, IBCLC, RLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Sheila,

Itching of hands, palms and feet, along with nausea (with let down in this case)- it dawned on me that the symptoms sound similar to those of cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP), for which the primary cause isn't quite clear but seems to be influenced in part by hormones and genetics. Maybe there is a correlation here?

Also, you mentioned she has a phospholip disorder. According to Wikipedia, genetic mutations in a transport protein which controls secretion of a certain phospholipid is found in 15% of people with ICP. (I just happened accross that information while looking up info on ICP.)

I have a colleague who I have overheard consulting a few women over the phone with regard to a similar hystamine reaction while breastfeeding. I asked her about her take on these cases. She notes that the hystamine reaction seems to be correlated especially with the let down response. She didn't have an idea of the cause, but recommends an antihystamine to these women.

Elsa Petersson, B.S., IBCLC
Billings Clinic
Billings, MT