From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2016 11:31:41 -0500
I've had moms and babies visit my childbirth classes. I think it's a great
idea to give them those questions first, so they're able to think about
what they want to share.

The bottom line is though - you NEVER know what they're going to say.
Practice smiling and saying "So glad that worked for you -- many moms
find....."

(As in the mom who says My husband gave a bottle every evening when he got
home from work, from the time we came home. "So glad that worked for you
(teeth are gritted)...Many moms find......")

I would love to hear a synopsis after your first class. It's a real eye
opener. Breastfeeding can work LOTS of different ways. Coming out of a La
Leche League background where most everyone I knew breastfed exclusively
and for a long time, I am sometimes aghast when moms are thrilled that they
nursed for three months. Or three days. But I want them to come back and
say, "I gave it up too soon....will you help me go longer this time?"

And happy moms and beautiful babies are the best best advertising for
duration!

Dawn Kersula in Vermont.....who still loves teaching and is still surprised
by the questions!