From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:30:37 -0500
 We were having a discussion this morning at work about tongue ties (we
have Alison Hazelbaker coming soon to Vermont) and I was thinking about how
we all grow and change since I'm getting ready to speak in Minneapolis with
my Novice to Expert workshop.
I was discussing the much-maligned tongue tie blogpost, and noting to the
MD and RNs here that pendulums swing, and we agreed we all needed to learn
more before we could be ironclad in our thinking. But that's hard - whether
you are the fanatic or the stick-in-the-mud!

As Jan Barger notes - the flaming can be so devastating. I think about how
much our knowledge base has grown - exploded!! - and how much we are still
in the infancy of our profession. So we'd best be keeping our minds and our
hearts open!

I am glad to see the newer and younger LC's and want them all to be
IBCLC's. And I'm glad we're still having in-depth discussions here, and
that we can access the archives. I remember flaming here too -- and I think
sometimes on Facebook I forget Kathleen Bruce's Best Rule: Don't Say it
Here if you Don't Want it on the Front Page of the New York Times!

Musing....Dawn Kersula in Vermont