Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Esther Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:15:28 -0400
Does anyone have any information they could send me that compares breast
pumps?  Years ago I had a chart comparing pumps.  Of course there are so
may new pumps on the market I just can't keep up. The problem is that moms
are getting  pumps  that I really don't know much about or ones that I know
of that are of poor quality.  Some DMEs are opting for the cheapest pump
and as a result moms are receiving ineffective pumps.  I know that FDA has
a form that moms can complete to report a defective pump. I work with a WIC
population and we hear about moms that receive pumps that do not work
well.  I think the majority of the our moms do not complain back to the DME
or manufacturer.  We should be encouraging them to do so.  We can certainly
step in and help them with a loaner pump if this happens to them.  The
point is that they should be entitled to a good quality pump through their
insurance so they can continue to provide breast milk for their babies.Too
bad that some DMEs are looking for the cheapest pump to provide while not
taking into account what is best for the mom. Any information I could share
with a DME would be much appreciated.

Esther Gillett RD, MS, IBCLC, ALC
 Ohio