Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 2015 23:56:44 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Just a personal experience, here, but it makes me even sadder to hear that hospitals are doing things that push weaning of babies with RSV. My daughter, Julia, was born with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia and got pneumonia at the drop of a hat.  She got RSV at 13 months, just a month after I finally got her started nursing (I adopted her).  Because of the CDH, it was as serious for her as for a newborn.  In the hospital, she refused to have anything to do with a bottle, but wanted to nurse almost constantly.  It had another good effect in that they could take her vitals without her even flinching.  After spending her first four months in the hospital, getting cut and poked, she was terrified of anyone in a white coat.   The doc had expected her to be there about two weeks, but she was ready to go home, on oxygen, in two and a half days.  I hate to think of babies being robbed of those benefits when they need them most!  What is wrong with medical professionals, that they would want to do that?  Are they really that ignorant of the important immunities passed on in breast milk, or just too lazy to help a mom nurse, or pump, rather than screwing an artificial nipple on a ready-to-feed bottle of formula?

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2