From:
Barbara Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 2015 19:01:45 -0400
Dear Friends,
And I do think of you that way! I don't have many colleagues near me who
care about breastfeeding the way I do. So, you are all my nerdy,
breastfeeding crazed friends. : )
I read the list serve almost everyday, and when I don't have time, I let
them build up and read them all every few days. I get cutting edge
studies, links to great sites, and what I feel are some of the best
opinions in the business.
I tend to send private posts to people rather than responding to the
group. I do worry about being judged. I see how people can jump on
others if they disagree. I do not want that to happen to me.
Because of this happening in the past, I feel we need to be very careful
to politely debate issues. There are almost always two sides to a story
and to hear both is very educational for all.
As an example, I am reading the marijuana posts carefully. So far this
debate is going well! I want to know more so I can best help my clients
make healthy decisions. In my area, casual marijuana use is high and we
don't make a big deal out of it. I have heard in Detroit, my sister
city, they are much more conservative. At this point, after reading the
research, that used moderately, marijuana use doesn't seem to me that
pulling out the formula is a better choice. On the other hand, as Nikki
said, all smoke is bad and all parents caring for babies should be sober.
Finally, I only post on my business facebook page for marketing
purposes. I don't use it for personal or educational purposes at all so
I need this group.
List mothers, thank you for starting this group and please don't stop
hosting it!
Warmly,