Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2020 06:39:52 -0400
7bit
From:
Cindy Garrison <[log in to unmask]>
Kathryn, has she tried lecithin?  Doses suggested on kellymom.com are 1 capsule (1200 mg) 3-4 times per day.  After a week or two with no blockage, she can reduce the dosage by one capsule.  This continues until she is free from blockage.  If she drops one dose and blockage returns, she can go back to the previous dose (usually 1-2 capsules per day).  Dr. Newman suggests it works because it helps make the milk less viscous (sticky).  Many moms I have worked with have found this treatment to be very effective.

Cindy Garrison BS IBCLC