From:
Sally Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2015 14:00:34 -1000
I wanted to share the news of the recent passing of a good friend and
mentor of mine, Dr. Sylvia Pager. She was a tremendous positive force for
everything involving breastfeeding in the State of Hawaii and the *only*
MD, IBCLC in the state. She will be sorely missed.
I'm not sure how many of you on here knew her or have heard of her, but I
wanted to let the Lactnet family know.

"It is with heart filled sadness the Breastfeeding Hawaii Board shares that
Dr. Sylvia Pager passed away on February 8th surrounded by her family.
Sylvia was a passionate supporter, promoter and protector of Breastfeeding
families in our State. She was a founding member of Breastfeeding Hawaii
and served on the Board until her passing. She was the first International
Board Certified Lactation Consultant Physician in Hawaii. She was also a
Fellow of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine and American Academy of
Pediatrics. She served on the Board of the Hawaii Mothers Milk Inc. Sylvia
was active at the Legislature helping to pass laws on Breastfeeding in
Public and Working and Breastfeeding. On the day she fell ill, she had just
testified in support of the Paid Family Leave Bill (HB 496 w companion bill
in Senate SB 965). Her family, patients and colleagues will miss her
enthusiasm for life and wonderful loving personality!
Aloha Sylvia a hui hou."

http://breastfeedinghawaii.org/home

Mahalo

--