From:
Howard McGinnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 06:51:26 -1000
Fiprinol (Combat) is worthless  in beetle traps.  The beetles do not ingest

My experience is that Fiprinol does work in the hive. I use slim line CD
cases with the edge tabs broken off and Combat in the center. I slide it in
the front - bees will try to push it out. Plenty of dead SHB in the cases
when I check and reprovision. The nice thing is that you can pull the case
out without entering the hive.

 I've done some non-scientific testing. putting SHB in an closure with a
small dab of combat in the center (not in the hive) and generally find dead
beetle within 30 minutes. Again, small number of tests, but they do seem to
be drawn to it. Also tried DeadFast, the chalk - similar results.

But, I still rely on Beetle Blasters and strong hives.

Howard in Hawaii