Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:36:05 +0000
This person contacted me privately also.  I replied to him with the following:  "I am not arguing that your milk has not been tested to be pure, etc.  What I am questioning is what testing has been done on growth, immune factor preservation and its effect on the infant, including lactoferrin presence, sIGA, etc.  THIS is the kind of testing that you don't provide any evidence for! Show me the evidence that this is better than, say, formula from cow's milk or goat's milk."

What I am seeing is research to find a way to improve the QUALITY of donor mother's milk through more specific ways of pasteurization that only remove bacteria/viruses but leave other components of milk intact.   From my research on "shelf-stable" pasteurization processes, VERY high temperatures are used.  This can destroy even more of the components of the living substance that is human milk.  In addition, I found that when cow milk that has been pasteurized thusly is fed to calves, they do not do well.   How can we recommend for humans what won't work for cows?