Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:36:05 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
This person contacted me privately also.  I replied to him with the following:  "I am not arguing that your milk has not been tested to be pure, etc.  What I am questioning is what testing has been done on growth, immune factor preservation and its effect on the infant, including lactoferrin presence, sIGA, etc.  THIS is the kind of testing that you don't provide any evidence for! Show me the evidence that this is better than, say, formula from cow's milk or goat's milk."  

What I am seeing is research to find a way to improve the QUALITY of donor mother's milk through more specific ways of pasteurization that only remove bacteria/viruses but leave other components of milk intact.   From my research on "shelf-stable" pasteurization processes, VERY high temperatures are used.  This can destroy even more of the components of the living substance that is human milk.  In addition, I found that when cow milk that has been pasteurized thusly is fed to calves, they do not do well.   How can we recommend for humans what won't work for cows?

-----Original Message-----

From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rachel Myr

Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:20 AM

Subject: Re: Medolac???

Welcome to Lactnet, Doug. While we are glad that you have identified yourself as someone having a financial interest in the topic you are posting about, you will find that if you read the guidelines for our list, advertising is not allowed.  Perhaps you didn't have time to do so after you subscribed, but please take the time to read them now.

Your post reads like a press release for the company you work for.

On behalf of the listmothers

Rachel Myr

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2