From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:25:17 -0400
> For brood chambers, why would you want wide spacing??

I seem to recall the wider spacer was common a hundred years ago, assumed to provide better ventilation. But for me it's all about the ease of removing the frames. Much easier with 9. Once they have been that way for a while they are totally self spacing and the accumulation of propolis and wax between them acts like a rubber cushion. Using 9 frames for me has zero downside. With ten frames sometimes it is really hard to get the first frame out. Different strokes for different folks!

PLB