From:
Georgia Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2014 18:53:43 +0000
its more like a bow sttring...

i know that in my experience with my children --tt's seemed "clipped" but are very much there and evident in later childhood... my daughter still has a significant tt that inhibits lateral tongue movement and her mouth is probably 1/2 closed when touching her tongue to the roof of her mouth and her tt was clipped twice.. once at 4 days (completely unable to get milk out and she was my 4th so i was a very experienced bf'g mama at that point) and then again at 8mos. you can see on the tongue where it was released twice...

my son's tie was clipped at 5 yrs under general anesthetic  --we did the pre and post op exercises (recommended by carmen fernandes) the sweep etc and he can only open his mouth 1/3 of the way when touching his tongue to the roof of his mouth... so what did the surgeon clip?????

so i'm wondering if anyone has any studies on tt's post op b/c i'm wondering how effective are these frenetomies?  are they really releasing the tongue? are we going far enough back... ? is anyone recommending 1, 2,3 clips..?

i'm of the opinion that some babies should go back for clips every few weeks until there's no more pain,clicking, oversupply etc..... does this sound mad????? would lvoe to hear  thoughts on this...

georgia