Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2014 18:53:43 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (39 lines)
its more like a bow sttring...

i know that in my experience with my children --tt's seemed "clipped" but are very much there and evident in later childhood... my daughter still has a significant tt that inhibits lateral tongue movement and her mouth is probably 1/2 closed when touching her tongue to the roof of her mouth and her tt was clipped twice.. once at 4 days (completely unable to get milk out and she was my 4th so i was a very experienced bf'g mama at that point) and then again at 8mos. you can see on the tongue where it was released twice...

my son's tie was clipped at 5 yrs under general anesthetic  --we did the pre and post op exercises (recommended by carmen fernandes) the sweep etc and he can only open his mouth 1/3 of the way when touching his tongue to the roof of his mouth... so what did the surgeon clip?????

so i'm wondering if anyone has any studies on tt's post op b/c i'm wondering how effective are these frenetomies?  are they really releasing the tongue? are we going far enough back... ? is anyone recommending 1, 2,3 clips..?

i'm of the opinion that some babies should go back for clips every few weeks until there's no more pain,clicking, oversupply etc..... does this sound mad????? would lvoe to hear  thoughts on this... 

georgia
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 00:00:52 +0000
> From: Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]        >
> Subject: Re: question re: self-latching--baby bobs repeatedly but doesn't not latch on and assessing tongue tie
>
> [snip]...in one particular case i observed a hard bit of skin under the tongue and the aforementioned tightness... but when mother when to dr he said no tongue tie...
> Warmly, Georgia, lay breastfeeding counselor, uk
>
> Georgia, was it hard like a pebble, or a callous, or tight, like a bowstring?
>
> Arly Helm, MS, IBCLC
> Enjoying the much-needed rain in California
>
> ***********************************************
>

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2