From:
Sylvia Romm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:01:25 -0400
I'm a pediactric hospitalist doing delivery room and newborn nursery (among other responsibilities), and a mom of 2 kids under 3 years old. I'm starting a telehealth company that connects nursing moms with IBCLCs through 24/7/365 online video access.

Over the past few years, I've noticed a lot of mothers writing into my mommy groups asking breastfeeding questions at all hours of the day and night. The responses they have gotten has varied from pretty good to absolutely wrong, and I have often wished that I had some place to point these women to that could provide reliable information, support, and reassurance. After having these thoughts for several years, I've finally gone ahead and created MilkOnTap.com to address these needs.

I'm in the process of designing the payment structure for the IBCLCs I will hire. I was hoping this group could answer a few questions:

1) How much do IBCLCs in your area charge per hour? For home visits or office visits?
2) Do the IBCLCs in your hospital or practice use an "on call" payment structure, where they are paid a base rate (like, $5/hr to be available to be called in, and then a higher rate if they are called in for a consult)?
3) If so, could you send me an example of the contract you use to set up this payment structure?

Thanks!
Sylvia