From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:12:48 -0500
Yep sometime after we stop subsidizing corn production...
I'm glad I don't live a mile down the road or my taxes would over double.

Corn subsides are effectively ended.  And have been for several years.   You
may debate the Ethanol issue,  but since corn is not the only and not even
the best, crop for that. Its not a direct subsidy of any consequence.  Hence
the return to 4.00 corn this year.

In fact Real estate values are more based on money predictions than crop
prices.   Crops do not and cannot pay for the land values in any real
measurable fashion.   You cannot pay of 10k an acre land with 400.00 an acre
profits.  And generally speaking 400 is high.

Charles