From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2014 11:43:47 -0400
Hello All,

The first step in solving the planter dust problem has always been ignored by chemical and seed sellers.

Put on label not to plant when high wind.

today corn is going in with sustained winds of 30 MPH and gusts to 45 MPH.

Why do seed sellers not want the wind issue on the label?

creates liability for the farmer.

I moved over a hundred hives  into the home yard from the south Thursday. All with new queens.

A farmer has busted sod across the street last year ( was and has been until then pasture since homestead ) and planted corn. he is not returning my calls but hopefully he will before he plants.

*If* he tries to plant when the  wind is blowing towards my bees I have a plan and also involves the media.

I run a small orchard and have a right to keep bees on my property to pollinate.

I plan to surround the planter with bee trucks and walk back to the bee farm and call my friends at the news media.

I really do not know what else to do?

Open for suggestions as corn planting dust kills hives. (personal experience)

bob