HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Skiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:40:38 -0600
forwarded from Marion Werkheiser
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm writing as a member of the board of the Gas and Preservation
Partnership (GAPP), a collaboration between the energy industry and the
historic preservation community to protect historic and cultural sites
and encourage shale gas development (www.gasandpreservation.org)
<http://www.gasandpreservation.org/>. We are developing voluntary
practices with the industry that more effectively balance development
and preservation concerns in the absence of federal and state
regulations, and are gearing up for our first annual conference.

I would like to inviteyou to attend our conference at the *Fairmont
Hotel in Pittsburgh, PA on March 21,
2014* (http://gasandpreservation.org/events/). Our goals for the meeting
are to 1) launch efforts to develop model voluntary practices and
technology that will help companies manage risk and protect significant
and historic sites, 2) learn from each other about the importance of our
cultural resources and of energy development and independence, and 3)
celebrate industry and preservation leaders who have taken creative
action to address some of these challenges.  The conference will feature
a keynote address from Rio Tinto about their voluntary efforts to
balance development and cultural heritage in their projects around the
world.

We hope to see you on March 21st!  If you have any questions or would
like more information about the conference, please email Marion
Werkheiser, at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Thank you very much.