From:
Pamela Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2014 11:14:14 +0000
Hi Jeanette

As a sometime presenter who has known what it is to be at the mercy
of the technology available (or not...) at conferences, I completely
understand your question!   I wouldn't ever have had the IT skills to
present any kind of powerpoint were it not for my in-house IT experts
- my formerly long-term breastfed twin sons - whose jobs currently
involve IT support for 600 computers in a high school of 1600
students, and additional support to half a dozen other schools in the
area.  They not only coach me on how to use the technology but are so
incredibly patient with me because they seem to indulge their
mother's passion!      So I sent your question to them this morning,
and this is the gist of the reply:

--------------
Depending on what you actually want to do there are several options.
At school we use a little clicker thing that lets teachers go through
presentations with forward and back buttons. Something like this :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002L3TSLQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1394962514&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Another option is something like the mouse we used to have that we
could point at the TV, but you have to be facing the presentation to use it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003FSTA82/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1394962899&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Lastly if you have a fancy phone ....you can download a program to
control your PC with your phone but there has to be good WiFi for it to work.

Just for skipping through PowerPoint presentations the first option
is probably the best
---------------

Hope this helps!  And dredging memory now, but wasn't it you,
Jeanette, who once proposed an organization called COLiC for the
Children of Lactation Consultants??  :-)

Pamela
After spending time making many, many visits to a variety of websites
trying to locate a good "air mouse" which I could use with my
presentations, so I'm not stuck to the podium,  I thought I'd ask you
who are presenters - are you using one, and which one works for you?

Yes, this is breastfeeding related - as all my presentations are
related to breastfeeding! <grin>

Jeanette Panchula
Vacaville, CA

---