HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 16 May 2013 17:05:51 -0400
Yes-not doubting benefits (however from reports I have heard first hand it
is for far too many a vacation)

The first major problem- can the same communication occur in different ways
just as well?

the answer to that is ABSOLUTELY! And it has never been easier.

The second major question-

In tough economic times can we afford the much more expensive solution when
a cheaper or free version is available that will  do the job?

The answer is absolutely NO

Does the   excess of high end conferencing  look bad to struggling workers
in the field and the public?

YES

I know it is a tradition of long standing but it no longer seems to fit in
our present times when really good much less
alternatives exist.

So yes information exchange and learning is important- and yes you can do it
without high end conferencing.

So....simple....time to adapt....and we know what happens to those who  do
not adapt!

Conrad Bladey
Archeologist
Peasant