From:
Christine Lichte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:58:59 -0400
I have decided to learn more about posterior tongue tie and other less obvious ties. I have been going along happily thinking I know quite a lot about helping mothers with breastfeeding issues, then I realize I do not know much about posterior ties. I know they can cause problems, but I kind of "ignored" them because I really did not know what to do.  Thanks to Catherine Watson Genna, Dr. Kotlow, Jennifer Tow, and others for the information that is available online, I have been learning a lot more. I am also learning that if a posterior tie is suspected then it can be difficult to find a doctor that will work with mom and baby.  I know Dr. Brian Palmer was very educated about ties and he lived in the Kansas City area.  He used to refer babies to an oral surgeon that he trusted.  Does anyone on this list know who that was?  Or does anyone know of any other doctor in the Kansas City area that revises posterior ties?  I plan to start asking around, but I thought I would start here.  Thanks!

Christine Lichte, IBCLC
Warrensburg, MO