Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:58:59 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
I have decided to learn more about posterior tongue tie and other less obvious ties. I have been going along happily thinking I know quite a lot about helping mothers with breastfeeding issues, then I realize I do not know much about posterior ties. I know they can cause problems, but I kind of "ignored" them because I really did not know what to do.  Thanks to Catherine Watson Genna, Dr. Kotlow, Jennifer Tow, and others for the information that is available online, I have been learning a lot more. I am also learning that if a posterior tie is suspected then it can be difficult to find a doctor that will work with mom and baby.  I know Dr. Brian Palmer was very educated about ties and he lived in the Kansas City area.  He used to refer babies to an oral surgeon that he trusted.  Does anyone on this list know who that was?  Or does anyone know of any other doctor in the Kansas City area that revises posterior ties?  I plan to start asking around, but I thought I would start here.  Thanks!

Christine Lichte, IBCLC
Warrensburg, MO

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2