From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 14:02:58 -0400
Looking for some help from the list.  I'm pulling together information
sources for our On-Line Master Beekeeping courses regarding bee laws and bee
inspectors.

Right now, I'm working on US state and Canadian provincial bee
regulations.  I've got a list of states and some names - but  many of the states post
the regs on the web in a format that spreads out  over several web pages,
plus its not always evident whether the regs are still  being enforced.  So,
I'm asking for one or more volunteers in each state or  province to help out.

1) Following on the crushed bee discussion, I've heard that there was an
article in the 1980s in the Speedy Bee about Apiary Inspector  Disease
Syndrome - can anyone point me to where I can get a copy, or  provide one?
2) I'd really appreciate a PDF copy of the entire and most recent  bee
law/act for each state and province - I've got MT covered and a  couple of
others, but some are hard to run down.
3) I also need to know whether there is in place a law/act in  place, and
if so, is it being enforced.  Too many  states have had budget cut-backs, and
some states apparently have done away  with the regs, some have them on the
books and don't enforce, a few like my  state (MT), Florida, California and
others still have active laws and  inspectors.
4) I'm also interested in whether the law/act specifically addresses
CONFLICTS of INTEREST, especially concerning bee  inspectors.

Please send to me off-list.  I'll summarize and provide it back, when  I
get up-to-date on all states and provinces.  Thanks

Jerry