From:
Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 00:56:30 -0400
I do agree that we should be helping mothers to see the value in
breastfeeding, despite the quantity of milk.  But I also think that for so
many women, it feels devastating to have to give formula to their baby.
 They know how much better breastmilk is, and about the risks of formula,
and I've had several women who just felt such grief with every bottle of
formula they had to give.  So sometimes we have to support women in
grieving the loss of not being able to produce a full milk supply, and
still affirm what they are able to do.

Sonya