text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
 Thank you for the lead!    > Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 10:23:07 -0800
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: musket ball trauma to bone
> To: [log in to unmask]
> 
> Try the American Civil War classic, multi-volume work on the medical history of the war published by the U. S. War Department (I don't have the full title handy, but it's easy to Google).  Most larger libraries have copies and it may even be available online nowadays.  I recall it has exhaustive analyses and case studies gathered from 
> U. S. Army field surgeons and hospital staff--along with fairly gruesome color drawings of all sorts of war-related trauma and disease.  Some of the more recent books on Civil War medicine probably have material on GSW trauma, though I'd guess most are based on primary material from the medical history of the war referenced above.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of adam heinrich
> Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 9:29 AM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: musket ball trauma to bone
> 
> Dear all,
>  
> Does anyone know of any studies into musket ball trauma, particularly injuries to the trabecular/spongy bone at the ends of bones?  I have an animal bone that has an oval shaped depression at the proximal ulna with some crushed bone within the depression.
> 
>  
> Thanks, Adam Heinrich
> 
> 
>  		 	   		  

ATOM RSS1 RSS2