HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 00:51:12 +0000
The B section of the Encyclopedia of Manufacturer's Marks on Glass Containers is now posted on Bill Lindsey's Historical Bottle Website at the SHA webpages:

http://www.sha.org/bottle/makersmarks.htm

I have not yet set it up in hardcopy on Lulu.com, but I will soon.

We have also uploaded (same pages) the first in a series of articles about bottle- and jar-making machines.  The first article is about the O'Neill machines.  Another one is completed, but I still need to add the graphics.  It is about the Blue machines used by the Hazel and Atlas Glass firms.  The Blue Machine was the first really successful wide-mouth bottle and jar machine.

Please feel free to e-mail me with questions about bottles or jars.  The Bottle Research Group does not have all the answers, but we have a pretty good track record.

Bill

Bill Lockhart
Professor of Sociology
New Mexico State University