From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:58:52 -0500
<What kind of world will we have if everything is for us, about us? What
sort of place would it be if all plants were crops and all animals were
livestock? >

I don't mean to quibble and I certainly agree that we should be preserving
wilderness as well.  But why do we conserve wilderness?  Because we enjoy
it, that's still for our benefit, even if it's not for food or monetary
gains, and even if it benefits other organisms.  There is not an organism
out there that I can find that does not try to act in its own best
interest, and that includes us.  Thoreau enjoyed spending time in the
woods, why do you think he wanted to preserve it?

My point is still the same.  What is the best way to preserve what we can?
That's still to get the most we can out of what we use and leave the rest
wilderness.  There are definately some chemicals that do more harm than
good, but there are plenty of nonchemical practices that can be wasteful as
well.  We still need all of the above.

Jeremy
West Michigan