From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 10:30:55 -0500
<True, but we can choose to avoid those if we wish. Pesticides that are
incorporated into the food that we eat - usually without our knowledge -
are a different matter I would suggest.>

You can also buy organic products or grow your own so you can avoid the
pesticides too if you wish.  If however you want cheap reasonably
nutritious food that is convienient, I'm afraid that is brought to you via
pesticides.  Of course organic doesn't assure safety either since you still
have to worry about E-coli, botulism, arsenic and the like.  Everyone gets
to set their priorities and the vast majority of consumers seem to be ok
with the way crops are raised (at least ok enough not to foot the bill for
more expensive alternatives) or blissfully ignorant, which is also their
choice.

Jeremy
West Michigan

Incidently I grow and raise a large portion of what I eat, but that's
because I'm a food snob more than anything.