From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:10:51 -0600
Randy said:
>  I asked one of the provincial apiarists for info at
> Hershey, but he was adamant about not sharing any information.

Fear of being misquoted would be the only reason I could think of?

After being misquoted many times I rarely comment to the media.

The provincial apiarist had little to gain in discussion and maybe his job
if misquoted.

Commercial beekeepers share information easier now than when I was writing
articles.

In my opinion you have saw what I started seeing. Commercial beekeepers will
carefully choose words (and researchers) when asked by you at meetings.

I went from complete honesty to about half truth and half BS. Now I get
honest information.

You may not agree with my hypothesis above Randy but ponder carefully.

Things are different when you are simply "one of the guys" and instead you
are the guy publishing what you hear.

bob