From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:02:33 -0800
Allers calls some communities "first food deserts."     Judy

http://befirstfoodfriendly.org/

http://womensenews.org/story/sisterspace/130219/too-many-us-communities-are-
first-food-deserts

SIGN OUR PETITION to change desert-like communities across the country into
flourishing, first food friendly environments.

Our groundbreaking pilot project in New Orleans, LA, Jackson, MS, and
Birmingham, AL found key characteristics for what a community needs to look
like to better support any mother that chooses to breastfeed. We are asking
the mayors and Congress members of these areas to step up for healthier
babies. We need your help. Take action for these communities and others just
like it all across America. We can transform the landscape for healthier
babies one community at a time.

Kimberly Seals Allers:

She is founder of MochaManual.com <http://mochamanual.com/> , an online
parenting magazine, Black Breastfeeding 360 <http://mochamanual.com/bb360/>
, a multi-media content library, and is currently an IATP Food and Community
Fellow <http://foodandcommunityfellows.org/> . Follow her on Twitter at
@iamKSealsAllers