From:
AJ Halvorsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 1995 16:39:31 -0400
Well the baby and dady are sleeping I spose I can tell You I'm an RN with a
hx of working in a freestanding birth center ( Holy Family) with certified
midwives.  We deliver the poor hispanics ( we are about 10 miles from Mexico)
 and a few lucky middle class that know a natural birth is desired.  Clients
are required to sign a contract that include agreement to bf.  Baby is placed
on tummy and usually finds the breast with little problem after birth. I
continue to volunteer their but am now in homehealth.  I am an active member
in a La Leche group about an hour away and am now helping lead an independent
group of mom's for breastfeeding in town.  I get most of my group from a
local clinic and the nurse practiotiner their sends me her problems.  Lately
I'v been able to dx simple problems and with "The Breastfeeding Answer book"
 help some moms out.  I do about 3-4 telephone calls a month.  You all have
been teaching me and inspiring me.  Thank You.  BTW  Sean will be two in Aug
and usually nurses while I'm logged on,
Chi Chi's are better.
AJ Halvorsen
Harlingen TX